Monday, August 13, 2012

Baby G has arrived!!!

Yes, my dear Baby G has finally arrived on the 7th Aug 2012. Remember Mommy wanted 6th, 8th or 9th? He decided that 7th is better for him...

My birth story for Baby G

I really thought I was going to see Dr G. Tan on the 8/8 and may have to be induced as Baby G would have gone passed 40th week by then. Hubby and I were still going around Ikea and Compass Point to shop. On the 6th, we did the usual super-marketing at Compass Point and Hub got me 3 boxes of Durian. Yum! :)

So we had dinner and I came home eating 1 box of durian by myself. We decided to sleep early that night as all of us were superbly tired and drained out. Lights out at 10pm.

All of us K.O. by 10pm and at around 11.30pm, I was awaken up by mild contractions. Thinking that it could be false contractions like those I had from 38th week onwards, I tried to go back to sleep. However, the contractions seemed quite frequent, like every 10 minutes. I decided to wake Hubby up. He told me to time my contraction for the next half an hour and since I cannot sleep, he woke up to accompany me. I was feeling unsure and I asked Hub if we should try to go back to sleep and wait til 7am, send Aden to school then make our way to the hospital. But as the contractions get more intense, I called up my mom to take care of Aden instead. About 1am, my mom arrived and by then the contractions were about once every 5 minutes!

We made our way to the delivery ward at the hospital, the nurse told me to change into the hospital robe. The nurse checked that I was already 6cm dilated and my first question was, "Can I still have the epidural?" She told me she would have to call Dr G. Tan for approval and very soon the anaesthesist came. He was the same anaesthesist 3 years ago!

Honestly, time passes so quickly and it felt like a dream. The epidural took effect slowly and very soon Hubb was telling me that he could see a little opening down there and baby G's head! :)

I was curious so Hubb took a picture of my down there. It's really amazing! :) *for safety purpose, picture was deleted immediately after viewing*

When I was all ready to push, the nurse called up Dr G Tan. She appeared shortly, looking as great as ever with her smiley face, I was reassured. After about 2 1/2 hours of labour (from the moment of admission til Baby G pops!) , Baby G has arrived!

I really want to thank God for all that has happened. The kind of family I have now is what I have always been yearning for. My hubb, my sons, they are my life. And I am very thankful of Hubb for going through all these with me. Its really very fortunate and blessed as I have 2 beautiful birth experiences so far. Thank God for my wonderful gynae Dr G Tan, who never fail to give me the assurance and support.

As for now, I have to get use to caring an infant all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment